Why use Cloth Nappies...
- Save money - Buy a set of cloth nappies and you will save your family at least £500 per baby, then take into account local Real Nappy Incentive Schemes, and the ability to resell your stash and get money back it makes perfect sense! Keeping one baby in disposables for two and a half years however you will use approximately 4000 - 6,000 nappies, and then you have to do it all over again for every child that you have.
- Better for the environment - When you have a baby your household waste is likely to double - if you use disposable nappies. Those 4000 - 6000 nappies create about a tonne of household waste! When you consider the production of disposable nappies uses a cup of crude oil each as well as a huge list of chemicals its clear to see that real nappies are a better option for both the environment and your babies skin.
- Stylish - Nappies these days are so much more than white terry towel squares with a hard plastic outer. These days nappies come in all shapes and sizes and colours! You can also create custom nappies where you choose the colour, the print, embroidery, and the best fit for you, cloth nappies can become extremely addictive!
- More comfortable for your child - What would you rather wear, cotton knickers or those paper throw away ones? I'd rather wear cotton knickers, so why wouldn't my tiny newborn baby feel the same if only he could tell me?
- A wide variety of styles, shapes and colours to suit your needs... Most disposable nappies are pretty much the same with slight variation between brands, with cloth nappies there are so many variables that you have control over, if one type of nappy doesn't suit there are many more options try try. Not absorbent enough? Change the inserts to a different material which holds more liquid, not a good fit, then try a different brand or style, and the best thing is whatever doesn't work for you its easy to swap or sell to another cloth bum mum
So you've decided you want to use real nappies, what next? First why not book a demo with us, or pop along to a meet. We can go through what is available, what options might be best for you and your baby, and if you like you can hire a kit to try before you buy. Contact us to find out more about hiring and when our meets are held.
You will need:
You will need:
- 5 – 24 nappies of the nappy of your choice.
- 3 – 6 waterproof wraps of each size (to be replaced as your baby grows) if you are using two part nappies such as terries, prefolds or fitted. (These will not need to be replaced every time you change baby, though plastic ones can be rinsed and dried quickly). You will NOT need wraps if you are using all-in-one nappies where the waterproof wrap forms part of the nappy.
- Nappy liners (disposable or reusable)
- Booster pads (for extra absorbency)
- Nappy bucket/Large Wetbag
- Laundry mesh (optional)
- Sanitiser (optional)
- Wet bag (optional) for when you are out and about